Monday, January 12, 2015

Sleep progress

I have made a tiny bit of progress on my goal to adjust my sleep. I have been using a sleep tracking app on my phone to record my progress. I've haven't been to bed before midnight all week, and once I stayed up past one. So my goal for this week is just to bring that down a little bit. My app adds 15 minutes to my starting time, because on average that's how long it takes people to fall asleep. So I want to start my sleep timer before 11:45 because that will get my recorded bedtime back before midnight. It's a tiny goal but tiny goals are what I need right now.

On a more positive note, sleeping with a body pillow between my knees and ankles seems to be helping a little bit with my back issues. Not 100%, but some improvement. Sometimes I wake up on my back, though, so I'm considering putting a pillow behind me, too, so I stay on my side while I sleep.

As for fatigue and depression, I've been managing. Not well, but ok. I manage to clean up and get dinner on. The girls and I walked to the library yesterday. It was a bitch but fun enough, and I'm not sore today though I was tired.

I want to get into some kind of routine, because that will make it easier to do what I need to even if I don't feel like it, and it will be good for Andromeda who's stuck at home with my sad butt all day. So far it looks like I wake at 6:30, go back to sleep til 7, leap out of bed so I can see Simone for five minutes before she goes to school, do whatever all day until Simone comes home, then I do a load of laundry, clean up the kitchen and make dinner, and we all eat dinner together as a family, Simone cleans up while I get Andromeda ready for bed. After that I do whatever until I go to bed. Usually a lot of aimless footling on the interweb, though sometimes I play video games or try to write.

It needs improvement, to say the least. My theory is that maybe folk being up is waking me up at 6:30 in the morning. Part of the evidence being that on the weekends it's easier to sleep in, since only Ollin is up and he's not loud unless he has someone to talk to, like Simone, who sleeps in on the weekends. I need to push my bedtime earlier until that 6:30 wake-up time works, however much sleep that ends up being. I do want some night time to myself, but what's the point if it's just internet footling time?

Blah blah blah. Enough mumbling for now. Catch you all laters.

No comments: